The Dew Tour returns to Salt Lake City for the fourth consecutive year for the Toyota Challenge, September 16-19 at EnergySolutions Arena. The four-day event will feature competitions with the best skateboard and BMX athletes, along with the largest FMX competition on the 2010 Dew Tour.
Freestyle motocross returns to Salt Lake City bigger and better than ever, with two exciting competitions on Friday and Saturday. Friday’s Open Qualifiers will showcase new talent in FMX, where those that advance will face off against the legends in the sport on Saturday in a winner-take-all final. The best talent in FMX has been invited to the Toyota Challenge, including Adam Jones, Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg, Mike Mason and Nate Adams.
The star-studded field of skateboard and BMX athletes competing in this weekend’s Toyota Challenge includes reigning Dew Cup champions, Olympic gold medalists and X Games 16 gold medalists. Among them are:
- Shaun White (skate vert): two-time Olympic gold medalist, summer and winter Dew Cup champion, X Games gold medalist, and 1st place Skate Vert finisher at the Wendy’s Invitational
- Pierre-Luc Gagnon (skate vert): ’08 Dew Cup champion, X Games 16 gold medalist
- Ryan Sheckler (skate park): Three-time Dew Cup champion and X Games 16 gold medalist
- Paul Rodriguez (skate park): X Games gold medalist, skate park winner at the 2010 Dew Tour Wendy’s Invitational
- Garrett Reynolds (bmx park): Defending Dew Cup champion and recent X Games gold medalist
- Dave Mirra (bmx park): BMX legend and second overall in last season’s Dew Cup standings
- Brett Banasiewicz (bmx park and dirt): 15-year-old rising star in BMX and 1st place BMX Dirt finisher at both the Nike 6.0 BMX Open and Wendy’s Invitational