Holiday Gift Idea
Do you ski or snowboard or participate in any other outdoor sport? Read On.
Are you tired of cords that get caught in the zipper of your jacket? Cords that you have to tuck underneath layers so they don’t freeze? Tired of having to take off you gloves to skip to the next track or change the volume? Worried that when you take your phone out of your pocket on the lift, you’re accidently going to drop it into the snow below ruining your day?
Wouldn’t you rather be able to leave your phone tucked away secure and warm in an inside pocket where it’s protected? Would you rather be able to change the volume or song with the swipe of your finger even when it is in a glove? Would you want to be able to answer the phone while your riding down the hill to conduct business while you’re carving turns?
Outdoor Technology has developed several different pairs of wireless Bluetooth headphones that solve all of the questions we have about headphones.
Recently we tested the Outdoor Technology Privates, DJ Slims and Chips and they make the best ski and snowboard headphones we have seen to this point.
While each different style has a feature about them that is different then the others, and makes them unique, they each have the same technology in them in connectivity, functionality, and durability.
Each of the headphones has a range of 50 feet before the connection begins to fade in and out. This range was tested through two walls and trees. If both devices have a direct view of each other, the range can reach up to 80 feet.
The headphones were all tested in high heat upwards of 90 degrees and in bitter cold down to 0 degrees and the connectivity was not affected at all. The battery wore out a little faster in the extreme temperatures but that was the only noticeable decrease in functionality.
For most of us, these headphones will be used while we are on the slopes or riding around on bikes or boards, so the headphones need to be durable. Each of the headphones were dropped from a height of 15 feet to the ground below and each absorbed that crash fine. The chips being the smallest can absorb a fall of great heights well above 50 feet, but are more susceptible to being crushed of they are run over with wheels. The Chips are durable enough to be run over by a pair of skis or a snowboard but if a wheel connects with them they can break.
Find the headphone that fits your style here. The wireless technology and other technical features Outdoor Technology has put into their headphones make these headphones incredibly functional for any use you can find for them for any activity you do.
Outdoor Technology Privates
– 40mm drivers for clear mids and solid bass.
– Built-in microphone for making and receiving calls.
– Only ONE button. The rest is swipe and touch control
– Works with any Bluetooth-enabled device.
– Battery level displayed on source device.
– 3.5mm AUX jack.
– Foldable and flexible.
– Play time: 10 hours.
– Real, real comfortable ear pads.
Outdoor Technology DJ Slims
– Two 30mm drivers deliver the full range of clear sound.
– Connect to any Bluetooth-enabled device with easy one-touch pairing.
– External controls allow you to adjust volume, change tracks, play/pause and answer calls.
– Rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
– Built-in microphone.
– Reconnects automatically to previously paired device.
– Minimal and attractive design, with adjustable sizing
– Play Time: 8-9 hours
– Weight: 3.6 oz
Outdoor Technology Chips
– Patented 2-button control system allows you to adjust volume, change tracks, play/pause music and answer calls from outside your helmet knit without removing your gloves.
– Rugged, minimal design fits into virtually any helmet designed to take audio drop-ins.
– IPX4 sweat and water resistant.
– Play Time: 9-10 hours.
– Weight: .18lbs.