Bi-Annually, Salt Lake City hosts the outdoors community as the Outdoor Retailers Show once again played host to 29,000 attendees from all over the world.
“Outdoor Retailer Summer Market not only provided a platform to conduct the business of the industry but continues to serve as the soul of the outdoor community, where the entire industry gathers,” said Marisa Nicholson, VP and Outdoor Retailer Show Director in a Press Release. “This Summer Market provided the best platform to collaborate and engage in a more personal, face-to-face way. We are happy to have facilitated this gathering which gave the industry the opportunity to conduct business, network, and participate in education sessions, all while refueling our passion and strengthening our community.”
While you can find the latest in camping, hiking, watersports, climbing and other outdoor sports that Utah is know for, many companies bring new and inventive products to the market. It is these “BEST OF” products that you wont find in your local outdoor sporting goods stores just yet, but when you can buy them, they are a must have.
Best Family Outdoors Adventure Products
1. EcoBoulder and EcoPebble Powerbank – Bluetooth and waterproof speakers are becoming commonplace in the outdoors community when it comes to technology, so what sets these products apart from the others? Functionality. The EcoBoulder speaker not only sounds great when turned all the way up but it floats! An all in one speaker that includes multiple outlets for charging and microphone connection and weighing in at 27 pounds drop the speaker in the pool, river or lake you are at, no worries it floats.
Even if you have your phone plugged into the speaker, you can place your phone into the waterproof chamber with USB outlet and your phone will be protected. You can plug the speaker in to AC Power for continuous play but if that is not an option, the EcoBoulder plays 10 hours at full volume with a rechargeable battery. If you have more than one EcoBoulder, you can pair them up without having to cord them together and when paired, they act as a left and right speaker for dynamic sound.
The EcoPebble Powerbank serves as a small portable speaker while serving a multitude of purposes including dual USB ports for charging phones and also a powerful 200 Lumens LED flashlight. At 1.4 pounds, the EcoPebble Powerbank allows you to fun of a portable speaker for outdoors events but can be used in emergency situations for power to phones, speakers to play news audio and a flashlight when the power is out. This is a great piece to have as an addition to your 72-hour kit.
The battery in the EcoPebble Powerbank is good for 50 hours of continued use. That is a lot of power in a small portable device.
For more information https://ecoxgear.com/
2. Spikeball – Here is the concept, four people, two teams of two, three hits and one net that looks like a trampoline. Spikeball is volleyball and the game of foursquare.
Players of the game use a palm sized rubber ball and stand around the hula-hoop sized trampoline like net and each two person team has three hits between them to send the ball bouncing off the net so the opposite team can have their chance at returning it. The first team to 21 points wins.
Whether it’s a family backyard activity or with friends on the beach, Spikeball was fun and was great exercise having the react quickly and chasing the ball to put it into play.
The entire game packs up into a bag and can be taken anywhere.
For more information http://spikeball.com/
Video Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdRKqguEbas
3. Infuze Hydration – When you are out hiking or using your hydration pack, have you ever wanted a flavor in your water but you did not want to stain the hydration bladder?
Enter the Infuze Hydration system that attaches to your bladder and allows you to add flavoring on demand through a valve system that allows you to either add flavor to the water or have it shut off for water only. No mess and no stain for the bladder.
For more information www.infuzehydration.com
4. Kelty Hyphen Pack-Tote – Some days outdoors require a backpack and some days only require a tote. Thanks to Kelty, now you have both in the same piece.
The straps on the convert to shoulder straps and back to tote handles just by dropping the bags while holding the straps. Versatility is key when you are outdoors and do not want to carry multiple bags.
For more information www.kelty.com
5. ENO Nomad – Eagles Nest Outfitters has brought the comfort of hammocking to you by simplifying the process.
Before the Nomad stand, a hammock would require strong sturdy trees to secure the hammock to or big bulky heavy stands. This portable, lightweight stand sets up quickly with its simple shock-corded construction. It is compatible with all ENO hammocks and easily packs into a carrying case, and weighing in at 15 pounds, you can set up your hammock on the beach, in the desert, above tree-line and anywhere in between.
Best Water Products
1. InflaTabull – If you are a family that loves days at the pool or out on the lake the InflaTabull from Intex is exactly what you need.
Get the timers out and see who can last the longest on this rocking bull floating on the water. For ages nine plus, the InflaTabull will definitely bring hours of fun and challenging entertainment on the water.
Due for release spring 2017.
2. Innova Kayaks – Do you drive a car that doesn’t have a storage rack on the top? Would you like to get more into kayaking but don’t have room to store the kayak? Innova Kayaks have solved both of these issues by creating a very durable inflatable kayak.
Made of rubberized fabric and packing down into a pack just bigger than a backpack, the Innova Kayaks offers a great solution for the aspiring kayaker.
For more information http://www.innovakayak.com/
Best Travel Accessory
1. ESPRO – For the coffee enthusiast who either travels or backpacks, the ESPRO Travel Press allows you to take your coffee and tea anywhere. The ESPRO Travel Press is designed to brew your favorite cup of coffee or tea right inside, seal it tight and go.
The ESPRO vacuum insulated technology brews the coffee inside stopping the process at the right time and also keeps the beverage hot for hours.
As a traveler who doesn’t enjoy paying high prices in the airport or can struggle to find good coffee when backpacking, all you need is grounds which can be packed into any container and even taken on a plane, add hot water and let the ESPRO Travel Press do the rest.
For more information www.espro.ca
Best Adult Sized Kids’ Toy
1. High Roller – CEO and designer Matt Armbruster is making big wheel dreams for adult come true with his High Roller. Comfy to sit in and durable to ride, expect hours of fun when you are on the High Roller coasting down streets and rocketing down hills.
For more information www.HighRollerUSA.com
Best Booth and Display for Attendees
Best Booth – Without question the best booth of the show goes to Mountain Hardwear with their triple level mountain village themed booth. Captivating to look at and as an attendee hard to not want to know what products where being showcased.
Best Display for Attendees – Patagonia brought a refurbished truck with a camper like attachment in the back with two very skilled sewers.
These two would take Patagonia gear from attendees that had wear and tear and fix them up new. This was so creative and so awesome for the attendees to see the process and the quality of work that goes into each product.